You are a Beacon, an immortal guardian of the last city on Earth. Human civilization crumbles across the system, but you and your kind are a ray of hope in a dark time.
Light is a rule-lite sci-fi RPG. In it, you play as the immortal Beacons, wielders of weapons and the elements themselves. As a squad, you will go on tactical Strikes, pushing back against the Dark that has begun its slow march across the system. Explore ancient ruins for help and resources, fight back against alien forces looking to destroy a weakened Earth, and unravel the mysteries that bind together Light and Dark.
Light is a modular RPG. All you need to play are the core rules and some d6. However, there will be a number of modules released for Light that provide additional rules, gameplay elements, and more that you can choose to plug into your game. Customize your experience with Light and use any combination of the modules that you'd like, the game is yours to explore. Some of the upcoming modules are:
- Expanded rules
- Custom classes, including new powers for the Beacons
- Weapons catalogs, including legendary firearms and the rules for using them
- Strike modules, with enemies to destroy
- The Darkness class...
Light is designed to fit on a single printed sheet of letter paper, double-sided and folded like a booklet. I may do a print run of high quality paper and ink if there is demand!
Enjoy Light. Add fuel to your Beacon, and fight back against the Dark.
Thanks and acknowledgments
- Destiny, for the 1000s of hours of play, and the obvious inspiration for this game.
- 2400, inspiring me to explore smaller games and treating them as modular frameworks.
- Beeple, whose incredible art sits on the cover as a beacon of light.